Help For Your Headaches (1960)
Title: “Help For Your Headaches”
Author: PERCY BRAZIL, M.D. and WILLIAM H. GREEN
Publisher: ARCO PUBLISHING COMPANY, INC.
Year of Publication: 1960
LOC Catalog Entry: http://lccn.loc.gov/59015363
Copyright Status: Public Domain in the United States and countries following the rule of the shorter term
“Headache is most common of all complaints. It is, of course, a symptom and not a disease. It is a warning that all is not well within or outside the body. Unfortunately, like the alarm in a country village, it warns of danger, but does not tell what or where it is. Furthermore, because it is so common an occurrence and so frequently a temporary result of unimportant conditions, it is ignored, suffered, or relieved by any convenient or popular pain-killer without consideration of its cause. Fortunately, in most instances this is sufficient. However, when a headache is severe, persistent or recurrent, the warning must not be ignored.
This book is a clearly stated, comprehensive, discussion of headache, common and infrequent, important and unimportant. Though not meant to be a scientific treatise, it is sufficiently detailed to be of interest to the professional, as well as of value to the average reader. In one sense it is a romance, reflecting the curiosity, enthusiasm and perseverance of the many dedicated workers who have given us our present knowledge concerning its causes, meaning and treatment.
I cannot say that I agree word for word with what is written herein. Among students of the subject there remain many divergent opinions and there are still large gaps in our knowledge concerning certain aspects of the problem. However, it must be said that my disagreements are few and of little significance.
Finally a word of warning — ”A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.” This is not a do-it-yourself manual of diagnosis and self-treatment. It is, rather, a guide book pointing out the pitfalls and points of interest in a land that we all know of, but little about. Anyone who reads a chapter or two concerning what he thinks, fears or hopes he has or has not and then betakes himself to the corner drugstore is a fool. Perhaps the most valuable chapter in this book is the very last — “What your doctor will want to know.”
It is with pleasure that I recommend this book to the discerning reader.”
Theodore J. C. von Storch, M.D.
Lecturer in Neurology, University
of Miami School of Medicine,
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. Getting Acquainted With Headaches 3
2. What Aches—And How? 10
3. How Many Kinds of Headaches? 15
4. Trigger Factors 21
5. Migraine the Terrible 23
6. Nervous Headache—Alias “Tension” Headache — Our Most Popular Model 50
7. Histamine Headache—Or Headaches by the Bunch 63
8. Allergy and Headache 70
9. Sinus Trouble and Headache 73
10. Earache or Headache 80
11. Do Teeth Cause Headache? 83
12. The Eyes Seldom Have It 84
13. Temporal Arteritis—The Headache You Can
14. Trigeminal Neuralgia—or “Facial Headache” 90
15. Infection, Fever, and Headache 94
16. Alcohol and Headache 95
17. Fun in the Sun Can Be Overdone 98
18. Headaches from Brain Injury and Disease 99
19. Headache Following Injury to Skull and Upper Spine 106
20. Arthritis, Rheumatism, and Headache 108
21. High Blood Pressure and Hardening of the Arteries 114
22. Children’s Headaches 120
23. Headaches Due to Vapors, Fumes, and Poisonous Substances 123
24. The Headaches That Invented a New Machine 126
25. Spinal Puncture Headaches 127
26. Low Blood Sugar 128
27. Constipation and Headache 130
28. Headache in Women 132
29. Heredity and Headache 134
30. Pain Relieving Drugs 135
31. Diet, Metabolism, and Headache 13 8
32. What Your Doctor Will Want to Know 140
HOW TO GET YOUR READY-TO-EDIT COPY OF THIS BOOK:
To get your editable copy of this book in Microsoft Word format, simply click the “Add To Cart” button below. Immediately after submitting payment, you’ll arrive at a download page where you can download your book and start putting this expertly-written, copyright-free content to work in your business right away!
INSTANT DELIVERY ANY TIME OF THE DAY OR NIGHT, GUARANTEED.
160 pages of premium, niche-specific content with no useage restrictions are just a click away…
PRICE: Just $15.00
Order Now Using The “Add To Cart” button below: